Together with Daniel were three friends, Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-Nego who loved God. They were totally dedicated to God and did not do anything to defile their lives by the things of the world, and refused to bow down to the golden image because they worshipped God. For this, the king was furious and set up a furnace to burn them up for disobeying the command to bow down to the image.
In a sense, the highest authority of the land was against them, a situation that seemed the end of the road for the three friends but the king did not realize that God was a higher authority than he was!
Daniel 3:17(NKJV) If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.
This is indeed a bold statement in a difficult time which shows true faith when the “rubber meets the road.”
We note a few things from the story:
1) The fire had no power upon their bodies. This was because the grace power of Christ was at work encapsulating the three men in the midst of the fire. God was resting upon them thus the fire could not harm them. Grace works best in the fire. When you are weak, God’s strength is fully manifested.
2) Not a single strand of their hairs was singed. God knows the number of hairs on your head. God will take care of the slightest detail of your life, if you are fully committed to Him and refuse to compromise in your stand. Grace is always more than enough.
3) They were bound but yet they were free in the midst of the fire. You can experience peace in the midst of a trial! The yoke can be broken by God and His burden is light because He is with you and He has promised in His Word that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
4) Their coats were not damaged which meant that those things that belong to them were not destroyed. God’s grace will not just give you power but it will also save those things that God had given you. You will not “lose your coat” if you flow with grace.
5) They did not even smell of smoke though they had been thrown into the fiery furnace heated up seven times hotter. Throw yourself fully on Jesus and trust that by the stripes of Jesus, you are healed and there will be no sign of the problem that you had before.
Isaiah 43:2 (NKJV) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
Sermon Series: Grace for Life (2)
但以理书 3:17 即便如此，我们所侍奉的 神能将我们从烈火的窑中救出来。王啊，他也必救我们脱离你的手；
1) 火在他们的身上没有任何能力。 这是因为基督的恩典大能在运行，在火中将三个人封住。 神与他们同在，因此火不能伤害他们。 恩典在火中最为彰显。 当你软弱时，神的力量就充分的显现出来。
2) 他们头发没有一根被烧掉。 神知道你头上的头发根数。如果你完全委身于祂，拒绝在你的立场中妥协，神会照顾你生命中最细微的细节。神的恩典永远是充足有余的。
3) 他们虽然被捆绑，但在火中卻是自由的。 你可以在试炼中体验平安！ 轭可以被神打破，祂的担是轻省的，因为祂与你同在，祂在祂的話語中应许，祂永远不会撇下你或丢弃你。
4) 他们的外套没有损坏，这意味着那些属于他们的东西没有被摧毁。神的恩典不只赐予你力量，而且保守神赐予你的事物。 如果你与恩典同行，你不会”失去你的外套”。
以赛亚书 43:2 你从水中经过，我必与你同在；你趟过江河，水必不漫过你；你从火中行过，必不被烧，火焰也不着在你身上。