Every one of us, Christians and non-Christians alike, need to ask this very deep and difficult question – who is Jesus?
The simple answer is that He is the Son of God. However, we also need to ask even as Christians:
– What is Jesus capable of doing now?
– What did Jesus say and what did He mean by what He said? Does it matter in my life?
– What is His will for my life?
– How relevant is He in our daily living?
– What should we expect when we pray? And how should we pray?
These theological questions require us to seek answers as mature believers. We need to have a biblical conviction regarding what we believe, which is what will anchor our faith in God. A rock solid faith is built on a solid foundation!
There are many different Bible characters in the Old and New Testaments, who came to God for help regarding all kinds of need. We need to be convicted that Jesus is still interested in our lives and has in fact, opened a new, better and living way for us to enter boldly and fearlessly into the presence of God behind the veil.
Hebrews 11: 6 (NKJV) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Notice the words “must believe that He is.” Here is a list of who “He is”:
– A living God
– A Redeemer
– The Creator of heaven and earth
– The God of all flesh
– Omniscient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent
– The Alpha and the Omega who is the beginning and the end
– El Shaddai, the Almighty God
– A covenant-watching God. All that He has belongs to us and we are able to enjoy everything
– A God who does not lie and watches over His word to perform it in our lives
– A good Heavenly Father who does not change like a shifting shadow
– A giver of good and perfect gifts
– The Heavenly Father who will do much more than our earthly Father will do for us
– Jehovah Rapha, our healer. We have witnessed the work of Jesus in the Gospel when He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil.
– The same yesterday, today and forever.
Let us reach out to Him by faith as we believe in who HE IS. Faith pleases God.
Is He able? If yes, we are to come before Him by faith to believe because this is what pleases God. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Therefore, what is required of our faith is to take God at His word and believe in the integrity of God’s word. We believe that He is able to fulfill and watch over what He has promised us. The question is what do we believe in regard to who He is? What pleases God is our conviction as to WHO He is.
Sermon Series: What Pleases God (Part 2) – What to Do?