John 12:12-15 (NKJV)
The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out: “Hosanna! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ The King of Israel!” Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written: “Fear not, daughter of Zion; Behold, your King is coming, Sitting on a donkey’s colt.”
CG Discussion Points：
- What is the significance of Palm Sunday as Jesus entered Jerusalem riding on a donkey? Discuss what was on the minds of the crowd praising God and shouting “Hosanna in the highest” and “king of Israel”? Where were these same people on the following Friday?
(John 12:12-15; Matthew 21:4-9; Luke 19:36-40)
- How could the Jews have missed their Messiah when it seem so obvious when we read Isaiah 53? Discuss if you should be more concerned with the praise of people or the praise / affirmation of God.(John 5:44)
- Have you ever praised God for the wrong reasons? Discuss if God will affirm all our praise and thankfulness towards Him, even when we have the wrong motives.
(John 13:37 – 14:1; Luke 19:39-40; Matthew 21:16)
第二天，有许多上来过节的人听见耶稣将到耶路撒冷， 就拿着棕树枝出去迎接他，喊着说：“和散那！奉主名来的以色列王是应当称颂的!” 耶稣得了一个驴驹，就骑上，如经上所记的说: “锡安的民[a]哪，不要惧怕！你的王骑着驴驹来了。”
(约翰福音12:12-15; 马太福音21:4-9; 路加福音19:36-40)
- 当我们读以赛亚书53章时，救主看似那么明显，但犹太人怎么会错过他们的弥赛亚呢？ 讨论你是否应该更在乎人们的赞美还是来自上帝的赞美/认可.
- 你曾经有过以不合宜的理由赞美上帝吗？ 讨论即使我们有不适当的动机，上帝是否也会认可我们对祂的所有赞美和感恩。
(约翰福音13:37- 14:1; 路加福音19:39-40; 马太福音21:16)