Job Type: Ministry Position
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Worker
Reports To: Kids Church Director and Senior Pastor
Works with: Children’s volunteer, children’s leaders, adult helpers and ICS staff
The Children’s Ministry Staff serves the church and community by assisting the Kids Church Director and ministry team in overall operations of the children’s ministry.
- To be able to preach and minister to the children on a weekly basis based on Kids Church model.
- To be able to train teachers and helpers.
- To be able to speak at various international schools.
- Oversee and develop specific areas of ministry as assigned; i.e. worship, programs, training, etc.
- Work with ministry team in weekly operations of Kid’s Church
- Teaching, leading worship, and briefing teachers on daily tasks, as needed
- Set-up/ Tear-down of Kids Church
- Gathering, preparing and packing materials needed for weekly lessons
- Assist with outreach initiatives to international schools
- Collaborate with curriculum team to plan lessons for each quarter
- Organize children activities and programs with Kids Church Director during the annual church camp, conferences, special events, and vacation bible school
- Build relationships with children’s workers; giving feedback and evaluations to teachers
- Communicate with parents and conduct home visitations, as needed
- Work together with other ministries on church-wide events/activities, as needed
- Attend weekly staff meeting during office hours
- Complete weekly schedule of activities/ appointments
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor and Kids Church Director
- Desire to see spiritual growth in children
- Experienced in working with children
- Responsible, organized and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task various projects at a time
- Good written and oral communication
- A great team player
Location: Shanghai, China
Days/Hours: Full-Time (Tuesday to Sunday, with Saturday and Monday off)
Contact Name: Kelly Yuan