As the Psalmist David wrote, “The Lord inhabits the praises of His people”. (Ps 22:3)
God is pleased to manifest His glory, grace and presence to His people when our praises rise up to Him. Where God dwells, there is peace. Where God dwells, there is joy. Where God dwells, there is salvation. Where God dwells, there is deliverance. Where God dwells, there is victory!
At ICS, we are a group of people who love to sing, play instruments, operate the slides for Sunday Services and operate the sound board. We humbly, joyfully, and transparently create an environment that encourages the congregation to come before the Lord in praise and worship.
What We Do
- We worship in “spirit and in truth” (Jn 4:23-24)
- To worship in spirit means that we worship with our deepest emotions and passions, with our unique personality, willfully and from the very depths of our soul. We strive to worship freely, creatively and with genuine faith-activated conviction.
- We worship in truth by worshipping Him through a saving relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. Our praise and thanksgiving, in various forms, must be according to God’s Word and consistent with His character, as led by the Holy Spirit.
- We worship as “a sacrifice of praise” (Heb 13:15)
- Praising God is a sacrifice because “to praise” means we take our attention off ourselves and fully give honour to God, exalting Him, acknowledging His true character and authority. It is the total denial of our own egos and esteem.
- Only when we worship this way is it truly pleasing to the Lord. (Rom 12:1-3)